Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween with The Runaway Reader 2013


I never did anything special for Halloween at Random Reads so I really wanted to whip up something cool for Halloween over here!

Halloween has been one of my favourite days for as long as I can remember. I mean, who doesn't like free candy and dressing up? And getting scared! I don't know about you, but I love getting frightened out of my wits. But above all, I feel like Halloween is really the one and only time of the year you can really, wholeheartedly let out your inner child. No matter what age you are or who you are, Halloween can be celebrated by everyone (mostly)! It's just THAT kind of day which is why I really wanted to pay homage to it!

For the longest time, I could not think of anything unique and original to do to celebrate Halloween. And I can't say that my new idea is very unique or original at all. It's more a combination of multiple ideas that have probably already been done but it's the spirit that counts, right? So without further ado, below are some ideas to help you celebrate and/or get into the Halloween mood!


It's probably a little to late to be talking about what to wear for Halloween since all of you have most likely already decided on a costume, given that you were planning on dressing up. If you're like me, you want a cool and unique costume but the idea of putting in more than five minutes' worth of effort is deterring. I find a good go-to whenever you need to think of something last minute is a cat. It's easy and still cute! All you need is a black top, black jeans or leggings, cat ears, and black face paint. You can even use a scarf as a tail to add the final touch! 



There are so many creative things you can make for Halloween but a personal favourite has always been devilled eggs. I've been making them each year for Halloween for as long as I can remember. They're quick and yummy and so versatile. You can customize them any way you want! A good starting point though, would be these devilled eggs as seen in the Everyday Food magazine in 2007.


I often like to read a horror novel to celebrate Halloween. I didn't get to one this year but I reccommend Dracula by Bram Stoker. The original vampire story and very scary. 


To be honest, I had a hard time thinking for a movie to watch for Halloween. I haven't watched a Halloween or horror movie for a long time so I'll share one that's been on my To Watch list for quite a while!
I just know this one will give me the creeps and I can't wait until I finally watch it! It looks so good. Have any of you watched this? Share your thoughts in the comments! I want to know!


And now to end with a song that's sure to get your spirits up for Halloween! Every time I hear this, my face lights up. There are so many great impromptu dance memories attached to this song! If you're playing this song, you better get up and dance (or sing along, that's great too).



With that, I conclude my Halloween celebration! I hope you guys have had a fantastic day. Tell me about your costumes, your Halloween traditions, what candy you got or really, anything else. You know I love hearing from you guys so SPEAK YOUR MIND. Happy Halloween! Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment