Saturday, October 19, 2013

Weekly Recap: October 13-19, 2013


I've noticed that many bloggers do a recap at the end of each week and since I actually love reading those posts, I thought I'd start doing it as well!



While last week was a little more relaxed and fun, this week was SO stressful. I had two major tests in Geography and Math that made me want to pull my hair out and a confusing lesson on reflexive verbs in French. I have a test on it next week and I have NO idea how I'm going to pass. And unfortunately, I also have a Science test next week which makes me want to cry. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY TESTS?

On top of that, I also lost a bajillion things this week. I eventually ended up finding them but oh, if you only knew! I nearly lost my agenda (that had twenty bucks in it) until my teacher found it and gave it to me. I nearly lost my mascara (which matters more to me than you'd think) and my science notebook. I nearly lost my gym uniform and...wait for it...my cellphone. 

But on the bright side, my aunt returned from Africa this week! Her trip sounded really wonderful and the souvenirs she brought back were very cool! There was an ostrich shell bracelet which was absolutely gorgeous. 

I also joined my school's Quidditch and Harry Potter Club which I have to say, I'm pretty darn excited about. 

So yeah, overall, this week wasn't great but I have hopes for next week even though I do have two tests I'm not too confident about. Next week is United Way Week at my school which is an annual week-long fundraising stint at my school. There are super fun activities EVERYWHERE and the best part is that the money all goes to a great cause. Yay!



1. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. It's so good! And dear lord, Henry. Oh my god, Henry.
2. English class. It seems to be the only course I'm enjoying lately. 
3. Peaches. I can't stop eating them! They're really refreshing after a long day of school.
4. Temple by Kings of Leon. This was literally the only thing this week that could bring my spirits up. 






I ended up posting much more than I had planned for the first week The Runaway Reader was really in motion.
I introduced my feature 'The Novel Report' where I round up all the books I've been reading! Please note that this will be a bi-weekly feature. I think I forgot to mention that...
My first review also went up this week! Check out what I had to say about 13 Little Blue Envelopes!
In acknowledgement of my Liebster awards, I made a post and nominated some GREAT bloggers.
I also made my return to Top Ten Tuesday with 6 Books I Was Forced to Read.
And finally, I made a list of four books that I want to read.



Jasmine creates a wonderful bookish Harry Potter survey. Expect one from myself going up this week!
Asti shares her tour of the Harry Potter studio. This makes me want to go so bad!


How was your week? What book are you loving right now? Any posts you would like to share? Anything you want to see on The Runaway Reader in the upcoming weeks? Share in the comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment