Saturday, October 26, 2013

Weekly Recap: October 20-26, 2013


I've noticed that many bloggers do a recap at the end of each week and since I actually love reading those posts, I thought I'd start doing it as well!



I was wishing for a more relaxed week but honestly, this week was JUST as exhausting. Every year, our school organizes 'United Way Week' which is basically one week of fundraising for the charity, United Way. Each class organizes 'class projects' or what they're going to be selling to raise money and throughout the week, during the morning and lunch, the projects will go up. It ranges from food to bracelets to candy - literally ANYTHING you think you can sell. One popular project are the Saxograms which is when the saxophone players get paid to go around the school and surprise people with a thirty second performance of a song previously picked by the person who sent it. I actually received one of I Knew You Were Trouble and I have to admit that while it was cool, I really prefer to NOT be the one at the end of it. 

Besides the class projects, there were also events that the United Way Committee organized to raise extra money. On Monday, we had the Admin Olympics where for a toonie, you can either choose to play Just Dance with a teacher or throw a shaving cream pie at our principal and vice-principal. Tuesday was the talent show which I did go to! There were some great singers who took the stage and dancers. Wednesday was Minute to Win It which if you don't know, was a game show in which contestants must complete a task under 60 seconds. I did not go to that so I can't tell you how it was but I bet it was pretty fun too! There were prizes for the winners as well. Thursday was Faculty Follies which is, by far, the most popular event all week. It's when the teachers come together to prepare special acts for the students and they were all SO good. The first act was a video put together by the Moderns Language department and it was a parody of an episode of Community. And even though I don't watch Community, it was pretty funny. Next was a performance by a Math teacher. He sang two songs and was amazing! After that was a performance by the Science department of The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?) which was hilarious. The teachers dressed up in animal costumes and just seemed to have a really great time. My science teacher was a cow which was pretty funny. And finally, Friday was the Great Race when the associations of my school get together to participate in one fun race. By Friday, I was extremely tired so I decided not to go. Well, there's always next year!

In regards to my blogging, well, there wasn't much of that this week. I had so much more planned but they slipped away from me. I have a full schedule next week and while I still have TONS of planning left, I'm going to try and get my material out! 

Also, I sent a tweet out the other day about how I didn't have something planned for Halloween but wanted to. I have NO ideas so if you do and are happy to share, I would love to hear them!



1. Pinhole cameras. This week, I discovered that my camera actually works! Woohoo! I've taken some great tests but still have yet to get my print but I am getting there. Slowly.
2. Candy Crush Saga. Yup, still loving it! I'm on level 57 now!
3. Sweet potato fries. I've been eating these non-stop this week. They're so good!
4. Slow Down by Selena Gomez. I didn't have much time to listen to music this week but after hearing this on the radio on Sunday it's been stuck in my head! 





My first review of the week: Paper Towns by John Green where I explain why John Green's work doesn't appeal to me.
I did the first half of The Harry Potter Survey created by Jasmine. Expect Part Two sometime this next week!
My second review of the week: Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson where I explain why I liked this book so much.



Reem shares tips on how to stop procrastinating in regards to NaNoWriMo.
Christina explains why she loves the Queen's Thief series. I might have to get back into it now!
Asti compiles this HILARIOUS list of ten unusual names.
Melissa compares Bloglovin' and Feedly. It might help you decide which one to go with! 


How was your week? What book are you loving right now? Any posts you would like to share? Anything you want to see on The Runaway Reader in the upcoming weeks? Share in the comments!

No comments :

Post a Comment