Monday, October 14, 2013

The Liebster Award x2

Between deadlines for school and my big move from Random Reads, I've been so busy and thus, forgot about making a post for the Liebster Award! A while back, Jasmine at Flip That Page nominated me for one and I've been meaning to answer her questions and graciously accept this award because it's my first! Which is a huge milestone, if you ask me, so I really wanted to dedicate a post to it.

Then today, I received news that I was nominated for another Liebster Award by Emily at Forever Literary. And that's when I was like 'oh crap' because I totally forgot to make a post for the Liebster Award like I was planning to! So here's my long overdue post where I answer both Emily and Jasmine's questions (how could I pick?) and nominate bloggers myself! 



Jasmine's Questions

1. What are you currently reading?
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, Paper Towns by John Green and The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson.

2. What are you favourite books of all time?
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery, the Harry Potter series, And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie and Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie.

3. How did you come up with your blog name?
It was all very random - I flipped to a random page in the dictionary and runaway was listed. I thought I might do an alliteration again and The Runaway Reader was born! I kind of like the ring to it but I'm not sure if it makes sense...

4. Who are your top three book boyfriends?
I'm so glad I can have three picks! Ha, I haven't actually felt passionately about a boy from a book ever so this is actually really tough. Um. I guess my first pick would be Dexter from This Lullaby because he's funny and clumsy (so am I!) and is just such a great guy. How could you not love him? My second pick would be Cricket from Lola's Boy Next Door because he's a huge sweetheart and he has a good sense of style. And last but not least, Roger from Amy and Roger's Epic Detour. He has such great taste in music and he's so funny and nice and HOW CAN I NOT CHOOSE HIM? Okay, I'm done.

5. Do you have a favourite book quote?
No, actually! I don't really pay attention to quotes in books and the only ones I can think of right now are the John Green quotes because they literally pop up every day on my Tumblr dash. But I don't personally find them very great so there's that. Sorry Green fans!

6. Do you have any personal memes on your blog?
Memes or features? I feel like there's a difference so I'll skip this question...

7. If you could meet any author, past or present, who would it be?
WHY MUST YOU GIVE ME SUCH HARD QUESTIONS? Honestly, I have no clue! I might choose Lucy Maud Montgomery because I loved the Anne series and maybe she could give me some writing advice!

8. Have you any bookish pet peeves?
Not really! As it happens, I have terrible bookish habits so I tend to be rather lenient toward other people and the way they deal with their books. But I must admit that I hate when people dog-ear pages and don't unfold it. It's so annoying!

9. What are your favourite genres?
I love Young Adult incredibly so and all its sub-genres. In general though? I read mostly everything excluding erotica and religion. 

10. If you could be a character from any book, travel to any world, who would you be? Where would you go? And (again from any book) who would you bring with you?
I would be Hermione and I would want to travel to Hogwarts (duh!). I would probably bring Anne Shirley with me because we're so totally kindred spirits and I think we'd have a blast!


Emily's Questions

1. What was your most recent read that taught you a lesson or made you think deeply about something?
Criminal by Terra Elan McVoy was the last book that really made me think deeply. I loved the way McVoy explored the blurred line between good and bad. Really interesting to think about!

2. What was you number one goal going into blogging? Have you reached it yet?
TOUGH QUESTIONS ARE EVERYWHERE! WHY? Because I did not set ANY goals when I started blogging. I kind of did it for fun and I wasn't planning for it to have gotten so huge!

3. What do you look for in other blogs? Is there anything in particular that makes you want or not want to read a blog?
The first thing I notice is a great design so if a blog has a lovely design, I am more inclined to add it to my reader! Ultimately though, I look for a unique voice and a good balance between memes, discussions and reviews. I want the best of ALL worlds!

4. How has blogging affected your reading habits?
I've started reading more critically now and taking notes while I read as well. I've also noticed that I read at a slower pace now that I blog as compared to when I didn't blog. Funny, eh?


And now for my nominees! I'm not sure if some of you have no-award policies but if you do, just forget about answering the questions and passing it on, I guess! I think it's still nice to know that you've received an award so hopefully, even if you do have no-award policies, you'll recognize your brilliance! 

In case you're unclear about the rules
  • Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
  • Answer the questions he or she posted.
  • Nominate ten other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers and inform them of their nomination.
  • Create a set of questions for those nominees to answer.

My Nominees
  1. P.E. & Mari at The Sirenic Codex
  2. Kezia at Chapteriosity
  3. Nara & Chantelle at Looking For the Panacea
  4. Arial at In Italics
  5. Cee at The Novel Hermit
  6. Everyone at Fangirls of Fiction
  7. Hazel at Stay Bookish
  8. Paola & Alix at A Novel Idea
  9. Lesley Marie at Books and Beautiful World
  10. Rachel & Megan at Read Write Ramble

And finally, the questions to answer if you choose! 
  1. How do you organize your bookshelf? By color? By genre? By title?
  2. How has blogging helped you?
  3. Where do you get inspiration for blogging?
  4. If you could switch places with any character from a book, who would it be and why?
  5. It's the end of the world! Aaaaaah! Pick three books to save.

If you do choose to answer these questions, please message me! I would love to see your answers! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment