Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July 2014 Reflect & Renew


So I haven't really done a Reflect & Renew in AGES and honestly, I wasn't really into doing one for this month either but given the craziness that has been my past three days, I feel like I need to sit down and take some time to reflect. I have to so much to do in terms of blogging that I don't really know WHERE to start but I think a wrap-up is good? I'm actually a lot shocked that July is only JUST ending because it feels like I should be heading back to school already. Like July was a lot of fun and one of the best summer months I've had just staying in Toronto but it felt sooo long.


what happened.

1. The World Cup. I almost forgot that this was a thing that happened in July. It feels like this happened three months ago but in reality, it was just a few weeks ago. Which is kinda crazy? But oh my gosh you guys, watching the World Cup was so much fun! It was so great to get caught up with all the craziness and excitement and MY TEAM GERMANY WON!!! <333333

2. Canada Day. Canada Day happened at the very beginning of this month and we did the same thing we do every year: gather with friends & family, sit out and watch fireworks and of course, celebrate the greatness that is being Canadian. It wasn't anything new - like I said, it's the same thing we do every year - but it was a lot of fun just to meet up with my family again and just celebrate!

3. Lots of barbecues. I think I basically lived off of barbecue food this entire month. And I like barbecues as much as the next person but I don't think I can ever look at hot dogs and hamburgers and corn the same way after having them four days in a row.

4. Encountered many computer crises. First, I got a virus from clicking this really legitimate looking request from Chrome to update my browser. That took freaking ages to get rid of and was such a pain in the butt. THEN, my computer broke and wouldn't start properly. And naturally while my computer was broken, my wifi had to stop working as well RIGHT WHEN I NEEDED IT THE MOST. Did I ever mention how much I freaking hate technology? But the good part is that my computer is now fixed and it's working a lot better than it was before. I had to update everything and redownload some applications but that didn't take too long. My wifi still isn't really working so we might have to get that checked out too? Like I don't know, it kinda works in flickers because I get notifications on my phones from Twitter, Tumblr etc but it doesn't connect all the time. So yeah, it's weird.

5. The Kardashian game. I told myself I wouldn't get it... but then I did. And I'm kinda obsessed. I don't even know why because you don't really do anything in the game except for wait for energy and tap things which weirdly, I find really satisfying. I'm currently on the C list, by the way and I'm very, very close to getting to the B list so you know, I'm pretty much the new Beyonce. Or maybe I should say the new Kim Kardashian?

6. I feel like I'm missing a lot... But I can't really remember. I feel like that should sum up what July was like for me right there. Okay moving on.


currently reading.

Well, I just got like ten new books to read so my immediate TBR just got super huge. I actually finished a lot of books yesterday while I was waiting for my computer to get fixed so I'm only reading like two books right now and those are: The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi and Noggin by John Corey Whaley. I might start The Merciless and Pushing the Limits today as well but I'm not sure yet.


highlights of the runaway reader.



what to expect in august.

  • Surveys because I'm kinda in the mood to do them. I hope you guys won't mind if I just do a few surveys that I've been meaning to do for a while for the next week or so?
  • Reviews for Torn Away and Being Audrey Hepburn (because those are my review copies) and some other books that I haven't decided upon yet (as you can see, I'm a very fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type person when it comes to blogging)
  • Bookish Radar, the August edition
  • A discussion post on independent bookstores


and that's it! tell me what you did this month in the comments.

No comments :

Post a Comment