Sunday, July 6, 2014

Annie's Ultimate Playlist (3)

I haven't done an Ultimate Playlist in a while - the last one, it was still like zero degrees! - so making this one, I just had so many songs from the past months that I wanted to include. I feel like summer is the best time for me in terms of finding new music because my music library gets bigger by day! But alas, this post only has room for so many so I narrowed it down to some songs that I've been finding myself flying straight to on my iPod lately. It's a random mix of I-don't-even-know-what but it makes me really, really happy? And hey, I have links this time so you guys should actually listen to these songs because they're all fabbity fab.


Bill Murray//Phantogram

Don't have much to say about this except that I think you REALLY, REALLY should listen to this song. There's a reason why it's at the top of my list! ;)


Trying To Pull Myself Away//Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova from the Once Soundtrack

I had Falling Slowly on my last Ultimate Playlist (I think?) and now I just have to include Trying to Pull Myself Away. Seriously though, the entire soundtrack is fabulous so you need to get your hands on a copy. And watch the movie because it's great. But actually, get the album. You won't regret it.


Gangsta//Kat Dahlia

I found this song in either InStyle or Teen Vogue (which is basically all I've been reading lately) and haven't stopped playing it since. I just love Kat's voice!


All That Matters//Justin Bieber

I don't really remember what lead me to this song but one day, it just came up and I kinda really loved it? I'm not a Justin Bieber fan (though my nana seems to think I am. She always points him out to me whenever she sees him in a magazine! I'm not even sure where she got the idea because I'm like 100% sure I've never said ANYTHING related to him to her) but this is totally my jam. I can't stop replaying it!


Sing//Ed Sheeran

Okay I love Ed Sheeran but when this song came out, I detested it. I was seriously so disappointed in this song but I just COULD NOT escape from this song. It played everywhere and eventually it got to me. So yeah, I do love this song now. And think it's fantastic. And I haven't had a chance to get X yet but I can't wait for when I do!


Fame//David Bowie

Throwback! I think I heard this in that Cadillac commercial and was just like, "OH, I remember that song!" 


Good Morning Baltimore//Nikki Blonsky from the Hairspray Soundtrack

Hairspray has a special place in my heart because it was filmed at my old school (for my peace of mind, please don't search this up and send me suspicious mail) and I can't tell you HOW many times I've seen the movie. Good Morning Baltimore is a song I always listen to in the morning. It just gets me in the perfect mood to conquer the day!


Rude Boy//Rihanna

When I was like 9 or 10, I would watch Much Music and MTV like all the time. That was what I consider my "dark age" in terms of the TV I was watching. I was starting to outgrow the Disney Channel but was intimidated by the older "adult" shows so I literally just sat watching Much Music the entire summer. Which wasn't that appropriate all the time, to be honest. But anyway, this song was really popular back in 2009 or 2010 and I kinda loved it so I had a total flashback moment when I heard 


Lightning Bolt//Jake Bugg

I'm still making my way through his albums (because that's what I do, crazily listen to albums back to back) and Lightning Bolt is one of my favourites. It's definitely the song I listen to the most! My dad loves him as well because he reminds him of Bob Dylan (who my dad loves) which is a comparison he gets a lot but it makes sense.


Mmm Yeah//Austin Mahone featuring Pitbull


Seriously, why is this song so catchy? I can't not dance whenever I hear this song.


Let Me Down Easy//Bettye LaVette


Okay guys, this always happens to me as I get further and further into these type of posts, I just totally run out of things to say. And sometimes I don't have like cute little anecdotes about each song so how about I just let you listen to this in peace?


Gold//Wake Owl

I fell in love with the chorus first but the entire song is great.


Bruises//Chairlift

You know how Apple commercials always have the best songs? This was in an Apple commercial. So that should be like enough. But seriously, this is a really great song and so sweet.


Oh my god guys, I seriously feel like these posts get longer and longer each time. Hopefully the embedded videos make it a bit easier for those who actually want to listen to the song. I'm not sure if it looks too busy though but anyway, hopefully you like it! And as usual, if you have any songs you want to recommend to me or if you just want to share any songs you're loving at the moment, you are MORE than welcome to!

No comments :

Post a Comment