Tuesday, May 6, 2014

14 Covers I'd Frame As Pieces Of Art

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

This week's topic is Top Ten Covers You'd Frame as Pieces of Art. They must have been thinking of me again when coming up with this topic because this is something I think about all the time! Gorgeous covers are what I live for and thankfully, there are SO MANY to choose from. Too many, I think, because I have FOURTEEN books to show you! Just be glad it isn't 100. It could easily have been 100 as well... 

(I probably need to make another list for this topic another time because as I'm reading other Top Ten Tuesday's, I'm discovering MORE and MORE beautiful covers that I totally forgot about! So stay tuned, because I might just do this again another day...) 

But without further ado, here are the fourteen covers I'd love to see on my wall! (Oops, I ran out of space! Sorry to the four covers I had to reduce the sizes of! I know it's unfair, especially when you're all so beautiful!)



One of my biggest bookish regrets is not getting this lovely book in hardcover when I would have gotten this cover! I mean, the paperback isn't ugly but it definitely pales in comparison to this. 

I've always really, really liked this cover because of that little girl who appears ordinary but I can't help but think that maybe there's something going on with her, like maybe she possesses magical powers? 

I love the photograph used for this cover! It's hauntingly beautiful and I think it suits the book perfectly.

Shadow and Bone has one of the most original covers I've ever seen. And I love it! 

Thoughts of the redesign are being pushed FAR, FAR BACK into my mind because seriously, that? When you have this? No, thank you. It's too beautiful for me to let it go!

There is no question that I would frame this cover as art. I mean, just look at it! HOW could I not?

There are just so many things I love about this cover! The girl's dress to the font to the lovely starry background. Amazing.

This book is currently on full display on my bookshelf because it's too gorgeous for it to be hidden away in a nook.

If I could, I would have picked ALL of Rainbow Rowell's books because they're all just so pretty. But this post would have been too long if I did so I went with Eleanor & Park for all it's minimalistic beauty.

Something about the font and the background colours just work SO WELL.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this cover and how badly I want it to be an actual print so I can stick it on my wall!

I love the colour in this cover and the mirrored effect we get from the... mirror. It really makes for an interesting cover!

So I knew I had to pick a Jennifer E. Smith cover because they're all so wonderful and I immediately thought of this one! I love the font and the yellow with the black. I definitely think it's my favourite out of the three!

I loved the cover for this book when it was still named Severed Heads, Broken Hearts and I love the cover for it now as it's named The Beginning of Everything. The colour and the font are calling to me again, and that roller coaster is the cherry on top of the cake! 


So those are all my picks! Did you agree with them? What is your favourite cover out of all of them? And the most important question: did I miss any??

No comments :

Post a Comment