Friday, March 7, 2014

Celebrating Six Months Of The Runaway Reader!

Six months ago, I made the rather sudden decision to pack my bags up at Random Reads and start all over with a new book blog, The Runaway Reader. I was really nervous at first because honestly, I made the entire move in less than five hours. Made a header, drafted a color scheme, uploaded some background, wrote my first post and done! There wasn't much thinking behind it except for the fact that I had been feeling more and more upset about what Random Reads was like and thinking that I would give anything to be able to wipe my slate clean and do it all over again. So when I revealed the news, I didn't know what would happen and how people would react.

Flash forward six months later and I can tell you that starting The Runaway Reader was the best decision in my book blogging career thus far. Never has a day gone by where I have regretted my decision to leave Random Reads. It feels to me like I've been blogging here since the very beginning and it's just some place I'm very comfortable. I felt like with Random Reads, I didn't really have any idea of what I was doing and when I wanted to be serious about book blogging, I wasn't quite sure how to transition. But now, I DO have experience and blogging comes much more easier to me. I have things worked out, I know what I'm doing and I know what I want in my blog. And I think that's the most important thing of all.

So here's to six amazing months of blogging and many more!!

No comments :

Post a Comment