Tuesday, March 3, 2015

"I Mustache You Some Questions" Tag

I had forgotten about this tag until I was thinking about posts I could do a few days ago. Veronika tagged me to do this tag way back in January and I had always meant to do it but it just slipped out of my memory. Well... here we are now. In March. Better late than never right? So without further ado, I present to you the "I Mustache You Some Questions" tag.


four names that people call me.
  • My Chinese name which my aunt sometimes uses when she sees me because she is adamant on making me speak more Mandarin. Which isn't working.
  • Kitty, except also in Chinese. I don't really get this but my dad uses it sometimes. I think it's supposed to be a term of endearment and apparently it stemmed from when I was a baby and I reminded him of a small kitten? Okay dad... (just kidding I love you)

And that's it? I've never really had an actual nickname. In my fifteen years of existence, I still have not managed to find a nickname for Annie. Which makes sense because for most people, it actually is a nickname like for people named Anna, Anastasia, Annette, Annabelle... You get the idea. The closest I've gotten to a nickname is Nan and for a while I was convinced on making it work because the idea of a nickname is just so cool but it was also sorta strange and never caught on. I've gotten nicknames for my last name before as for some reason, people find it sooo funny but those weren't common things and they didn't last very long either. So yeah... that's it? I don't really have any nicknames.


four jobs i have had.
Well I don't work and have never worked. I know there are people at my age who do but I haven't yet. Not even babysitting or mowing the lawn or something like that. My source of income right now is my monthly allowance from my parents. Eventually I do want to get a job and I was planning on getting one this summer as a camp counselor, working at a daycare or babysitting but my mum would like me to finish my volunteer hours first which makes sense. Maybe this time next year, I'll be done my hours and have a job!


four movies i have watched more than once.
  • High School Musical
  • Friends with Benefits
  • Camp Rock 
  • The Cheetah Girls 2
Basically all the Disney Channel movies, I have seen more than once. And then besides that, I've also seen Friends with Benefits a humiliating amount of times. Something about that movie just screams sad day pick-me-up for me. I was actually surprised by the number of movies I've only seen once while making this list. I'm not a movie person but I feel like there have got to be some other movies I've seen more than once. Right? Right?? Well in any case if there are others, they aren't coming to me now. So godspeed Annie and onto to the next question!


four books i'd recommend.
  • Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard for all your armchair travelling needs
  • Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas because I have officially been converted
  • The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater because so many feels. I hope you know you are missing out if you haven't read this series yet
  • Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill because it was just so freaking cute


four places i've lived.
Born and raised in Toronto, man. Have never known what it's like to be anywhere else. And while I probably will experiment with another place in the future (like maybe Montreal for uni), I think I'll always run back to Toronto. I love it too much even for all the things that annoy me. I don't know... we sorta have a love/hate relationship.

And here I'll just leave you with lyrics from our favourite little mascot, Drake:
Yo, the city is mine (which one?)
T-O-R-O-N-T-O
D-R-A-K-E that's me


four places i've been.

  • Shanghai, China (and Beijing)
  • Reykjavik, Iceland
  • Buffalo, America
  • Montreal, Canada
By the way I highly highly recommend going to Iceland. It is so beautiful. The people are so kind, the food is amazing, the land is beautiful and it's honestly just such a gorgeous place. Not even that cold! I went for like a few days back in 2013 and I want to go again so badly! Montreal is a pretty sweet place too. Hopefully I'll be able to visit once again (translation: I hope I get into McGill).


four places i'd rather be right now.
  • Fiji
  • New Zealand
  • California
  • Literally anywhere that isn't Toronto and freezing cold


four things i don't eat.
  • Raw fish/sashimi 
  • Any type of meat that isn't chicken and beef and pork (and occasionally lamb and duck)
  • Goat cheese
  • Jalapeno/habanero/scotch bonnet peppers
There are very few things I don't eat honestly. I will probably eat 95% of the food you put in front of me. I love food so much...


four of my favourite foods:
  • Costco fries (try these! HEAVEN IN YOUR MOUTH I PROMISE)
  • Carrots
  • Chipotle burritos
  • Pizza Pizza pizza with CREAMY GARLIC SAUCE
There's more though, trust me. I just couldn't list it all here. But maybe one day I'll write a post all about my favourite food...


four tv shows that i watch.
  • The Newsroom (Jim and Maggie. Will and Mac. Neal. Sloan.)
  • Masterchef (Gordon! Joe! Graham!)
  • The Little Couple (Will and Zoe)
  • The Voice
Honestly I suck at committing to TV shows. I always give up halfway through so there have been a lot of shows that I started and was interested in but just didn't continue with because LAZY. You know you have a problem when you're so lazy you can't even be bothered to watch TV. But the above are ones that I'm currently watching. I also love basically anything on the Food Network, a lot of stuff on HGTV, some stuff on TLC and all the old Disney Channel shows (Suite Life of Zack and Cody? That's So Raven? Disney's Recess??)


four things i'm looking forward to this year.

  • TAYLOR SWIFT CONCERT IN OCTOBER
  • I don't know
  • I don't know
  • I don't know


four things i'm always saying.
  • Oh my god, I'm so obsessed with (insert thing/person/anything here)
  • I'm so tired
  • I'm so hungry
  • Like...
Anddd if we're being honest here, shit would probably be somewhere up there in the list as well.


four people i tag.
  • You
  • You
  • You
  • You

Since I know this tag has already been in circulation for a while, I'm going to assume that those of you who wanted to have done it and the ones who haven't yet chose not to but I guess... if you're seeing this now and think it's fun, then hey, go ahead and do it! I'd love to see your answers! Even if you choose not to do it, feel free to pick a few prompts from here and answer them in the comments. 

Until next time, au revoir!

No comments :

Post a Comment