Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 2014 Wrap Up



Literally the worst reading month EVER. I failed this month. I really, really did. But in all honesty I'm not too sad about it. I read two books and I'm going to FLAUNT IT. Because you know what? I'm not going to read when I'm not in a reading mood. And September was not one of those months where I wanted to read all that much. So I didn't and I'm fine. Still coming to terms with the fact that achieving my Goodreads goal of 100 books by the end of the year is now practically impossible which is sad but oh well. It wasn't like I was going to reach it either way. So without further ado, the two books I managed to finish this month. (Also hi everyone. I'm back.)


Completed September 12, 2014
Ever since I saw the blindingly glittery cover at Indigo, I've been wanting to read this book. It's a satire/social commentary about the wealthy people in Eastern Asia and their lifestyles. And even though I am Chinese, reading about these families was such a foreign experience for me. It really is crazy to see what their lifestyle is like, though I'd be hesitant to take this book completely seriously just because it is supposed to be very exaggerated and ridiculous. While I also felt like it was a little too long, I had a lot of fun reading it. I felt like more attention could have been paid to the characters though and tightening up the storyline but overall, a pretty enjoyable read.


Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
4.5 out of 5 stars
Completed September 24, 2014
Second Rainbow Rowell book ever! It'd been a while since I'd read Eleanor & Park so I wasn't sure whether I would like Fangirl but I did! Rowell's writing is fantastic, I loved every bit of it. I loved Cath and Wren and I loved the university setting and I LOVED Levi and REAGAN and I literally loved every single bit of this book. I flew through this because I was just enjoying myself so much. Also, Rainbow Rowell, please write the Simon Snow series! They sound so good just from the little snippets in between the chapters! So good. So adorable. So many great scenes. Loved it.



---

That concludes my measly wrap up for September. Hopefully you had a better reading month than I did? Leave some of the BEST books you read this month down below! 

No comments :

Post a Comment