Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The 2014 End of Year Survey Pt. 2

And now for part 2 of the End of Year Survey as hosted by Jamie from the Perpetual Page Turner which is all about my 2014 blogging/bookish life and looking ahead for 2015! Let's get started!



MY BLOGGING/BOOKISH LIFE.

1. New favourite book blog you discovered in 2014?
2014 was THE year of book blog discovery. I just found myself so much more interactive in the community and because of that, a lot of really great blog discoveries were made. So I don't know if I can pick just one when there were literally a hundred new blogs I've added this year (to put my total at 277. Crazy!) - and all of them FABULOUS. But um if I had to pick according to how often I visit, then I think Daring Damsels, Flowers In My Books and My Reading Dress would probably be the top three in terms of blogs I discovered this year.






2. Favourite review that you wrote in 2014?
Uhh.. maybe The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu. That was one review that I remember really getting into. And I do love writing all my reviews but that one was a special one. But in general I don't have a favourite review. I feel like all my reviews are pretty on par with each other - no one review is better than the other. They're all pretty scattered and rambly anyway. I would be more inclined to call them word vomit and random musings than actual reviews.


3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I really liked the 1989 Ask Anything Tag I did because I had so much freaking fun with it. I also loved my post on How Podcasts Have Changed My View On Audiobooks (planning on doing a post on some of my favourite podcasts soon-ish!). And that's it? There might be more but I didn't bother to go back any further - evidently, because those two posts were both pretty recent.


4. Best event that you participated in?
So I didn't do anything bookish IRL like attend festivals or signings (but I am planning on going to some this year!) but I did do the Love-a-Thon again this year, for the second time and just like the first time, it was FABULOUS. Katelyn and Alexa do such a great job of organizing it every single time, they have interesting prompts and it's really such a wonderful day of just interacting with bloggers and crazy blogging fun.


5. Best moment of your bookish/blogging life?
EVERY SINGLE ONE. I've honestly just enjoyed being a part of this community and every single moment I have is cherished. I love it all and I'm so excited to create new moments and have new experiences this year!


6. Most popular post this year on your blog?
I'm looking at my popular posts widget right now and according to that, What Bugs Me Most When I'm Reading was my most popular post of this year. I got really good response on that post which is funny because I didn't even remember what it was about when I clicked it.


7. Post you wished got a little more love?
Honestly I wouldn't complain if all my posts got a little bit more love... ;) But I did really want to see How Podcasts Have Changed My View On Audiobooks get a little more love because that was a post I thought was actually pretty well thought-out and organized in comparison to some of the posts on this blog.


8. Best bookish discovery?
Booktube, I guess. I've stopped watching as much since but there was a period of time during the summer where it took a good portion of my day. And not surprisingly because the videos are all so well made and some of the youtubers are insanely good at editing and just being on camera and all that adds up to really fun to watch. Plus, all the new book discoveries!


9. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Oh, uh... no? Or at least I don't think so. Yeah... I know this doesn't sound very good for this year considering how many more challenges I've signed up for but I swear, I've actually been pretty good with keeping up so far! At least for the Around the World challenge... I'm reading Just One Year so that's giving me a pretty decent start on that.


LOOKING AHEAD.

1. One book you didn't get to in 2014 but will be your number one priority in 2015?
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord. I was going to read it last year but then never ended up getting to it and though I already know vaguely what happens, I still really want to read it to get in on the buzz.


2. Book you are most anticipating for in 2015?
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West because KASIE WEST. One of my many favourite contemporary authors.


3. 2015 debut you are most anticipating?
I have been so behind on what's coming up in the bookish world so I really don't know? I've added some 2015 debuts onto my TBR and have heard a bit about some but as far as anticipating... I don't really have strong feelings towards any of them. 


4. Series ending/sequel you are most anticipating in 2015?
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han which is the sequel to To All the Boys I've Loved Before or The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski which is the sequel to The Winner's Curse.


5. One thing you hope to accomplish in your reading/blogging life in 2015?
There are many: complete or at least, put in a good effort for all my challenges; comment more; attend a signing or book event; and just have fun! 


6. One 2015 release you've already read and recommend to everyone?
Haven't read an ARC in agess so honestly I couldn't tell you. I'm entirely clueless to all the 2015 releases so I'm relying on you guys to help me out and tell me which releases I should keep an eye out!

---

Now I am officially DONE the End of Year Survey! I think I deserve a pat on the back because that was a lot of hard work - a lot of fun too but also lots of work. Looking forward to doing next year's survey already!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment