Monday, April 6, 2015

The Seven Deadly Sins Book Tag

Back with a tag! Mostly because there are two drafts in my folder right now for rather long posts that I should finish but don't want to. So I figured, there's no better time than the present to do the Seven Deadly Sins tag! I was tagged quite a while ago by Ebony and Veronika so thank you both!


The Seven Deadly Sins Book Tag.


GREED - What's your most inexpensive book? What's your most expensive?
I don't think it'd be fair to count free books or ones that I've been gifted for the first question so I'm left with... The Water Mirror by Kai Meyer which I paid roughly six dollars for, including tax. (Clearly I am not a bargain hunter when it comes to books.) As for my most expensive book, that would definitely have to go to all the copies of the Guinness World Record books I own. They were each around twenty to thirty dollars. 

WRATH - What author do you have a love-hate relationship with?
Let me just preface this by saying I am using hate very lightly. Mostly in spirit of this question as I don't actually harbor any hard feelings towards any author at all. With that in mind, Sarah Dessen would probably be on my love-hate list. This Lullaby and The Truth About Forever are among my favourite YA books but some of her books that I've read have just faded into one book, with similar main characters and predicaments and none of them making a particularly lasting impression on me at all. Another author that I'll name is John Green. I did thoroughly enjoy The Fault in Our Stars when I first read it (though I have an itching feeling that will not be so if I ever decide to reread it which I probably won't), however the other books I've read from him have totally disinterested me in ever picking up another John Green book ever. Nothing against him as a person, I just don't like his books at all. 

GLUTTONY - What books have you devoured over and over without shame?
There are few books I reread and even fewer I've reread more than once so there isn't a huge catalog of books to pick from here. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is one book I've already read many times and one I know I will reread many more times in the future - not so much because of my love for it but more because I will probably start my binge read of Harry Potter again many times until the one miraculous day I actually end up finishing it. Though the Philosopher's Stone is pretty great. Bras and Broomsticks by Sarah Mlynowski is another one I've reread multiple times, as well as Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison. Both series that I have also attempted binge reading in the past but failed at it. So I will probably be rereading them many times to come as well. 

SLOTH - What books have you neglected reading due to laziness?
The Harry Potter books, definitely. I've already read them once but I've been meaning to reread them for ages and here we are, four years later and I've only gotten so far as the second book. In terms of genre, classics are always books I end up putting off. Frankly, they intimidate me and while the ones I have read have been amazing and really enjoyable, I just cannot seem to put my prejudice aside. Those are the big two and I think I'm going to leave it at that. Let's not look at the unread books on my shelf...

PRIDE - What book do you talk about most in order to sound like an intellectual reader?
All the classics I've read which I can practically count on two hands. Obviously I don't read a lot of classics so I like to flaunt the ones that I do read and also pretend I read them on my own accord instead of the reality that I was made to read them by school. But it's not like anyone actually asks me about what I read besides my friends who already know I stay far, far away from classics so I've never had to "boost" my reading tastes. But knowing me, this would be my exact answer if the situation ever arose.

LUST - What attributes do you find attractive in male and female characters?
I like characters who can make me laugh, who are smart and who are people I can really get behind and root for (which doesn't necessarily mean they're morally good). Honestly, I can't answer their question because everything really goes by a case by case basis. Some characters may fit the bill of what I like perfectly and yet they do nothing for me while others may be the exact opposite yet somehow intrigue me. So it depends really on which character piques my interest the most although in general, I do like witty characters and ones who aren't afraid of themselves or others and kick ass.

ENVY - What book would you most like to receive as a gift?
I cannot believe this question is in singular form because one answer is not possible but I'd love a complete set of the UK edition of the Harry Potter books because I only have the complete set as eBooks. I'd also love all the Throne of Glass books and the Humans of New York book and I don't know... many many others. The list is ever growing.


Okay friends, that is all from me for today! Thanks again to Ebony and Veronika for tagging me, I had so much fun answering all the questions. Now, your turn: pick one or a couple of questions to answer yourself! And tell me in the comments below!

No comments :

Post a Comment