Friday, March 27, 2015

Annie's Ultimate Playlist (4)

It's been so long since my last Ultimate Playlist post. Think of it this way: my last Ultimate Playlist post was written back in July, when Spotify wasn't even available in Canada yet. Whoa, right? I can't even imagine life without Spotify any more. It's majorly changed my music listening habits so thinking back to a time when I didn't have Spotify is really strange. Anyway here are all the songs I've been listening to in the past month or so.




Crystals // Of Monsters and Men
I don't remember now where I first saw this song but I remember very distinctly that when I did, I nearly peed my pants. Seriously. I very nearly did. I was SO excited. Guys, you don't understand how long I've been waiting and waiting for Of Monsters and Men to come out with new music. And now it's happening. They're back. And if the album is as good as this song is... I'm actually going to lose my mind. I CANNOT wait.




Skid Row (Downtown) // The Little Shop of Horrors Soundtrack
I've never seen The Little Shop of Horrors, I barely even know what it's about. All I know is that Jack Nicholson was in the movie. But I heard a rendition of this song a while ago and fell in love with it so here it is! Also is it bad that I always get The Little Shop of Horrors confused with the Rocky Horror Picture Show?




Fresh Blood // Eels
YES, YES, THE ONLY REASON I HAVE THIS SONG ON THIS LIST IS BECAUSE OF THE JINX. I KNOW OKAY?? But seriously, I couldn't have imagined a more fitting theme song than this song. So chilling.




Something Big // Shawn Mendes
Gotta support our homegrown talent!




Seasons of Love // Rent Soundtrack
I've been seeing so many Rent references lately - is it because I've started listening to this song again? BUT IT'S SO SINGABLE. I mean, the first part... Like the part without all the crazy harmonies and stuff. FIVE HUNDRED TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED MINUTES. Somehow I feel like knowing this will come so useful one day.




Bloodstream // Ed Sheeran
I wasn't an Ed Sheeran fan but this might the beginning of a new phase because I've been listening to X an increasing number of times in the past month. The only song I don't really like is Thinking Out Loud but the others one I've heard are pretty dope!




There Is A Light That Never Goes Out // The Smiths
The Smiths!! So good! I forgot about this song but I'm glad to have found it again. Also... I'm reminded that I still haven't seen 500 Days of Summer. Should I get on that? Is it really as good as I've heard it is? I do love Joseph Gordon Levitt and Zooey Deschanel though...




Every Other Freckle // alt-J
I've always felt like alt-J is the exact type of music I'd like from the few songs I've heard but I've never really bothered to get into them. Mostly because I NEVER know what the guy's singing about. It sounds like he's babbling in gibberish 80% of the time honestly. But... I do love this song.




Just the Way You Are // Billy Joel
Oh. I've ran out of interesting things to say again. Here's another song, I guess? It's really good? Okay?




Homesick // Catfish and the Bottlemen
This is a band I've only discovered recently. I first heard Cocoon, really liked it and then of course, Spotify stalked them and found this song! And liked it too!




Ready for the Good Life // Paloma Faith
This song always makes me feel ready to take on the day! It's like my brushing my teeth song. I just shout it at my mirror and I feel instantly better.




Nashville // David Mead
This is such a sweet song! And it fits with my around the world themed playlist so bonus!




Lana Del Dre // Tep No
I'm so confused by the title of this song?? Like I'm assuming it's Lana Del Rey but like what the heck? I don't get it.


---

Okay so those are some songs I've been listening to a lot in the past month or so? I'm sorry, I'm writing this a little late and I'm super tired so some of the descriptions may be a little crazy or lacking... Anyway I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know what songs you've been listening to lately!

Okay, now I should go to sleep.

No comments :

Post a Comment