Friday, June 27, 2014

Mid-Year Challenge Update & Check-In

Hey loves! Since we're about halfway through the year now (no exact calculations here), I thought that it might be a good idea to do a little check-in on how I've been doing with all of the challenges I signed up for. I have to admit, this is a bit more for myself than it really is for you but if you're doing any of these challenges, let me know how you're doing and we can cheer each other on!

The masterlist with all the challenges I signed up for was posted back in January and a lot has changed since then! I haven't even looked at that post in a really long time. Initially I was just going to update my results on that page only but then I wanted to do three separate update posts in the year so for future reference: that post was for updates from January to March, this post is for updates from March to June and the next post will be at the end of December for the last half of the year. Hope that makes sense? All right, here we go!


2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Annie has read 1 book toward her goal of 100 books.

My goal this year is to read 100 books and honestly it isn't going as well as I thought it would. I've only ever managed to read 100 books one year and that was way back when I wasn't in high school so there's that. But now that it's the summer and I'm not going anywhere (god, I'm going to be so bored), I have time to read so I want to bring myself up to speed. I've actually already read 29 books this year so don't look at the Goodreads widget - it's lying! Honestly, I don't know why I have it because I've always hated updating that thing and it never seems to work for me. But anyway, there's that. I just have to read thirty more books by the end of August and I'll be good!

-----

As for the Series challenge and the TBR challenge, well, I've decided to drop those. I wasn't doing very well on them anyway and I just hate the idea of having a list of books to read and then feeling bad whenever I forgot about it and picked up other books. I've also dropped the Commenting Challenge created by Asti because it just wasn't working out for me. I think I might do it in the future for two months or so but for now, if I'm commenting at least once a day, I'm happy with that.

But I am keeping all my bingo challenges! I've actually had a lot of fun doing them and they work a lot better for me because I can just continue reading whatever I want and then go back and check my card and usually, I'll be able to cross off a few.

-----


Nearly halfway through! And having only read 29 books. If this is the rate I'm completing this card, then I'm pretty confident that by fifty books or so I'll have finished it. I already have planned what books I can read for some of the squares so I actually think this is all going rather well!

Hosted by Kelley @ Another Novel Read.

B1: read a book you've bought but haven't read yet
B2: Gossip Girl by Cecily Von Ziegesar
B3: read a book that is out of your comfort zone
B4: read a book that teaches you something
B5: finish/reread a series

I1: read a nonfiction book you already own
I2: read a book you got for free
I3: read an ebook you already own
I4: Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
I5: Relish by Lucy Knisley

N1: read a classic from your TBR list
N2: How to Love by Katie Cotugno
N3: FREE SQUARE!
N4: read a verse novel
N5: read a book you got signed but haven't read

G1: finish a series that ends this year
G2: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
G3: Torn Away by Jennifer Brown
G4: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
G5: finish a series that ended before 2014

O1: Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald
O2: read an indie book
O3: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
O4: Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer
O5: The Diviners by Libba Bray




Updating this now, I totally didn't realize I crossed off so many of the boxes, even with the tiny 29 books I've read so far! Only two boxes I have yet to complete, not including the free squares! Which is great so I'm just going to pat myself on the back. I think I cheated a bit for the series part though because I think I started more than I really continued. Oh well. It still counts, right? Because they were all still part of series that i wanted to start.

Hosted Anne @ Creativity Corner & Kristilyn @ Reading In Winter


B1: Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald
B2: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
B3: Relish by Lucy Knisley
B4: Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo
B5: Welcome, Caller, It's Chloe by Shelly Coriell

I1:
I2: Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
I3: The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
I4: FREE SQUARE!
I5: Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller

N1: The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
N2: Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
N3: The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
N4: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
N5: Fire With Fire by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian

G1: Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
G2: FREE SQUARE!
G3: The Diviners by Libba Bray
G4:
G5: Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella

O1: To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
O2: Torn Away by Jennifer Brown
O3: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
O4: Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
O5: Fool Me Twice by Mandy Hubbard




First Random House bingo card out of two. Didn't do great on this but that's okay. I still have time and I'm working on it!

B1: The Diviners by Libba Bray
B2:
B3: Relish by Lucy Knisley
B4:
B5: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

I1:
I2:
I3:
I4: The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jolene Perry
I5:

N1: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
N2:
N3: FREE SQUARE!
N4:
N5: Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut

G1: Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
G2: Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
G3: Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella
G4:
G5: Fire With Fire by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian

O1:
O2: The Diviners by Libba Bray
O3:
O4:
O5:




The YA bingo card. Same thing as above. Still working on this! I have quite a bit to go.

B1:
B2:
B3: The Diviners by Libba Bray
B4: Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
B5:

I1: Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
I2: The Summer I Found You by Jolene Perry
I3:
I4: Relish by Lucy Knisley
I5: Getting Over Garrett Delaney by Abby McDonald

N1:
N2: Torn Away by Jennifer Brown
N3: FREE SQUARE!
N4: Everneath by Brodi Ashton
N5:

G1:
G2:
G3: How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
G4:
G5:

O1: The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
O2:
O3:
O4:
O5:  Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson


And those are all the challenges I've kept up with so far and my progress for each! I'm actually quite surprised with my progress on each of the bingo cards. Guess I just got lucky and managed to pick up the books that fit, eh? And like I said at the beginning of the year, as long as I keep reading, I won't fail!

No comments :

Post a Comment