Tuesday, January 14, 2014

9 2014 Debuts I'm Looking Forward To

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

I wasn't originally planning on writing up a Top Ten Tuesday for this week for a lot of reasons, but mostly because I didn't plan to. Oy, I know, I'm such a bad blogger! Anyway, when I saw the prompt, I was really interested and immediately rushed to draft a list of all the books. I realize that this list is probably going to be quite similar to some of my Bookish Radars but I think it's a good idea to have one place where it's just all books that haven't been released yet. Bookish Radar covers all books I've found that look interesting so it's just not exclusive to upcoming releases, even though it may seem so at times. 

And before I leave you with my nine picks, I just want to say that if the debuts are any indication of the greatness of 2014 book-wise, I have a strong feeling that we're going to have an absolutely AMAZING year. Cheers!



April 8, 2014

I remember seeing this on NetGalley and thinking it was interesting but then forgetting about it and now here it is again! 

Far From You tells the story of Sophie Winters who nearly died in a creepy encounter in the woods with her best friend Mina. While Sophie survived, Mina did not and after investigation of the scene, the cops rule Mina's death a murder. Fingers start to point to Sophie, insisting that it has to do with her drug addiction, even though she's been clean for a long time. Sophie knows she's innocent but no one else seems to believe her so it's up to her to find Mina's true murderer. 

If you know me, you know that I love mysteries, especially murder mysteries! I've been hearing good things for Far From You so far (and may have accidentally stumbled on some spoilers) so I'm definitely very excited! Mark this date on your calendar!


April 1, 2014

As an assignment for English class, Laurel is asked to choose a dead person to write a letter to. She chooses Kurt Cobain and starts writing the letter. But soon, she finds herself writing more and more of these letters until she has a full notebook... 

And that's where the Goodreads synopsis lost me. Apologies! I would probably recommend a trip over to Goodreads to get a better grasp on the book but from what I've learned so far, I think this book is going to be very, very good! Right now, I'm mostly basing my opinion on the writing of letters to Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse because that just sounds like recipe for greatness but I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong in my judgement (or at least, I hope not!) This book has also got a lot of pre-release buzz so I'm for sure checking April the first on my calendar as well!


January 28, 2014

This one is coming out soon! And from the synopsis, it sounds like a spin on Beauty and the Beast. In the Goodreads synopsis, it says Graceling meets Beauty and the Beast but I haven't read Graceling so I'm not exactly sure what that means or if it's a good thing or not. Cruel Beauty is a fantasy love story about a girl forced to marry the evil ruler of her kingdom to secretly kill him but they end up actually falling in love? Talk about a complicated relationship! But I like it. I've definitely read enough about relationships to totally be cool with unconventional ones. 


March 11, 2014

Yay, a prom story! I love prom stories and I'm especially in the mood for them right now because of all the prom ads I'm getting in my Seventeen. There's kind of a love triangle in this book, or at least there's a girl and a choice between two guys to take to the prom but I don't know, I think I'm going to absolutely love this book that it won't matter in the slightest!


March 18, 2014

Side Effects May Vary is about a girl who has been diagnosed with leukemia and it doesn't seem like she has much time left to live. In order to make the most of the rest of her life, she constructs a lists of things that went wrong that she's determined to set right. But then things turn and Alice goes into remission, leaving her with absolutely no excuse for not completing her list.

I've been hearing about this a lot lately and I actually saw it in the newspaper today as one of the books you should mark down for 2014. It definitely sounds good and I know a lot of people have read and enjoyed it already!


May 6, 2013

OMG you guys, this book sounds like my kind of book! A cute contemporary romance with cute Italian boys and travelling! YES YES YES. There is a hint of a love triangle but even so, it's not enough to put me off of my excitement towards this book. Just give it to me now! I can't wait until May!


January 23, 2014

A Mad, Wicked Folly is a historical fiction set in England. I've already featured this on Bookish Radar so I won't say too much except that it sounds really good and a lot of people have loved it so far, especially one reviewer whose judgement I absolutely trust with all my heart so I'm definitely excited for this one. I haven't had a historical fiction in so long and this one sounds like just what I like! And it's coming out soon so yay for that! I might have to run to the bookstore just so I can get it as fast as I can.


April 10, 2014

I've also featured this on my Bookish Radar and man, am I looking forward to it! I've discovered that I really like ballerina stories and this one is a ballerina story, with a darker and grittier twist (kind of Black Swan-esque) which I always appreciate in my stories. Very, very excited for Pointe!


August 7, 2014

I discovered this off of Jamie's list and thought it sounded really good! I want a creepy and scary book that will knock my socks off and I'm getting chills just from reading the synopsis! I won't even attempt to summarize it because I don't think I'll be able to live up to what the blurb did for me so go, click the link and find out for yourself. And then come back and tell me, does that not sound like the scariest book ever? YES PLEASE.


Now, I want YOU to tell me what 2014 debuts are on your list. Do any of these books sound interesting to you? I'd love hearing your thoughts!

No comments :

Post a Comment