Saturday, November 9, 2013

Weekly Recap: November 3-9, 2013


I've noticed that many bloggers do a recap at the end of each week and since I actually love reading those posts, I thought I'd start doing it as well!



I find I complain quite a bit here about how exhausting my life is and while I've already made a vow to shut up about it, I have to say that this week went pretty well for me! It was relaxing and I really needed days when it was okay for me to just go home and kick up my feet without having to have my mind spin ten thousand kilometres an hour.

The highlight of this week was my art class. We started doing some Life Drawing again which was really fun, albeit a tad awkward. Our teacher gave us a heads up before the class that a male model was going to come in and my heart kind of stopped. How awkward is it to have a guy stand in front of you while you draw? And the answer to that is very awkward. He was only half naked which was great because I was sitting at the front and imagine if he was fully unclothed - I think I would have screamed. But the thing is, after a while, I really got into my mojo and started to draw without thinking about the model. And I was really proud of my final product! I kind of screwed up the feet and the hands - both of which I was never really good at drawing - but the proportions and other lines were all right so I'm happy! I might even be looking forward to continue drawing next class... (please don't take that as meaning I'm a pervert.)



1. Photoshop. I get to try it out for my Media Arts class and I'm really excited! The layout is a bit like Pixlr's but much more sophisticated and complex which scares me but excites me all at once. 
2. Pho. It's something both me and my parents love and I had it for lunch today. It was SO yummy! 
3. Sunny days. This week was still gloomy, still rainy, still sucky.
4. Just So You Know by Jesse McCartney. I've been really into pop lately to boost up my mood and energy and this week, I brought back my old obsession and now I know why I stopped listening to him. I HAVE LITERALLY DONE NOTHING ELSE THIS WEEK BUT LISTEN TO THIS GUY SING. IT'S NOT HEALTHY.




Looking for some fun short stories with a good message? Read Seven Deadlies: A Cautionary Tale
Finally, the Harry Potter Survey Pt. 2 is up! Check it to see what spells books have casted on ME.
I confessed I needed help using GIFs and you guys offered some great tips! Thank you all again! 



Sandra talks about what it means to be well read.
Jasmine starts a fun new feature to get to know bloggers better called Asking the Blogosphere!
Chiara asks whether or not you share your blog outside of the computer.
Gillian has made me laugh and nod in agreement once again with her list of YA books to throw at the face of a YA Doubter.
Going to a book signing? Literary Etc. has some great tips!
Not bookish news but Alexa talks about the Ed Sheeran concert she attended and I'm a bit jelly.
I Swim For Oceans is summing up some of the cover trends of 2013!
Cyborgs are taking over Another Novel Read! 
Alice-Jane shares the bookish things that annoy her


It's important questions time! Did you encounter any awkward situation this week, only to find out it wasn't so awkward? Do you share my love for Jesse McCartney? Anything interesting you've found this week? I'm all ears!

No comments :

Post a Comment